National Theatre: 50 Years on Stage (Encore)
November 16, 2013
To celebrate its 50th anniversary, the National Theatre of Great Britain presents this once-in-a-lifetime performance, broadcast to cinemas around the world.
From its early golden period under the leadership of Laurence Olivier at the Old Vic theatre to its now iconic building in the heart of London, the National Theatre has been home to Britain’s finest theatrical talent. For half a century, the National Theatre has premiered works by renowned writers such as Harold Pinter, Peter Shaffer, Tom Stoppard, Alan Bennett and David Hare; as well as staging celebrated performances by Maggie Smith, Derek Jacobi, Judi Dench, Michael Gambon and the rising stars of today.
From “Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead” to “The History Boys,” from “The Mysteries” to “Angels in America,” from “Guys and Dolls” to “War Horse” – Nicholas Hytner directs a thrilling evening of live theatre, with rare glimpses from the archive, featuring many of the original actors who have performed on the National’s stages over the past five decades.
Connect With Us
South Florida Arts Calendars
Looking for more to do in South Florida?
- Holiday Boat Parade
- Dracula | Radio Theatre at Arts Garage
- “La Bataille de Solferino” (Age of Panic) – Movie Night at Multilingual Language & Cultural Society
- Spookyville at Yesteryear Village at the South Florida Fairgrounds
- Culture & Cocktails: James & Sue Patterson at The Colony Hotel
- WAIT UNTIL DARK at Delray Beach Playhouse
- "The Shop"
- Go-Figure Exhibition at Lighthouse ArtCenter Museum & Gallery
- Late Night Thursday at Boca Museum of Art
- Diavolo, Architecture In Motion at Kravis Center for the Performing Arts - Dreyfoos Hall